23 Jun RECIPE: Guilt-Free Choc Chip Cookies
It’s not often I come across a cookie recipe that doesn’t make me a little wary. Many are made with lots of nuts, which can cause a disruption to our guts or they just taste a little weird! Well, not these ones! These cookies are ever so tasty! I played around with the recipe a little to increase the delicious taste and decrease the sugar content! They certainly don’t taste as healthy as they look and will fool even the harshest of critics!
Keto, low-carb and vegetarian friendly.
Preparation time: 30 minutes: 10 minutes prep time and 20 minutes bake time
Makes 12 cookies
- 150g. softened butter
- 3 teaspoons of raw honey
- ⅓ cup granulated stevia (I like Natvia)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 100g chopped sugar free dark chocolate (I like the Well Naturally brand – sold at Woolworths and Coles)
- Preheat the oven to 190°C. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Using an electric mixer, mix softened butter, sweetener, and honey.
- Add egg and vanilla extract, and combine.
- Sift the almond flour, coconut flour, salt, and baking soda into the butter mixture.
- Using a rubber spatula, combine the mixture forming a batter.
- In the very end, stir in chocolate chips.
- Form and place 30 balls onto the pre-prepared baking pans lined with parchment paper. Push down flat to form a cookie shape.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let them cool down a bit before placing them on a cooling rack. They will get firmer when cooled so don’t be alarmed that they still feel a little soft!
Be very careful not to eat all of these in one go! I know we did!!!
PDF Download: Choc Chip Cookies