03 Jul RECIPE: Comforting Chicken Soup
to be sent an online invoice for your copy of
‘Kitchen Alchemy’ Recipe Ebook. Once payment is processed, you will be emailed your copy.
- 2 brown onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons of minced garlic
- 4 carrots, diced
- 4 celery stalks, diced
- Half a large sweet potato, diced
- Quarter of large butternut pumpkin, diced
- 1 kg free-range boneless chicken thighs, diced
- 1 litre of chicken broth (homemade or as clean as possible – I like Maggie Beer’s range)
- ½ tablespoon onion powder
- ½ tablespoon garlic powder
- ½ tablespoon dried chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried herbs
- Fresh rosemary and thyme (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups spinach (chopped)
- Slice onions and sauté in a pan in butter with garlic until translucent. Add to the bottom of slow cooker.
- Dice carrots, celery, sweet potato, pumpkin, and chicken. Add to slow cooker.
- Pour over chicken broth/stock. Add in onion and garlic powders, chili, dried and fresh herbs. Season generously with salt and pepper. Top up with water until slow cooker is full.
- Cook on low for 6-7 hours, stirring and seasoning with salt and pepper as required.
Serve with low carb bread with butter. Excellent when prepared in bulk and used as lunches or dinners through the week for the whole family. You could even freeze in batches for quick meals!
PDF Download: Slow Cooker Chicken Soup