01 Feb RECIPE: Breakfast Muffins
This quick and easy breakfast option is great for people on the go. I particularly like it as a mum as it takes 2 minutes to heat up of a morning and eat while my little one is asleep. Many new clients come to me not eating any breakfast and falling victim to cravings later in te day. These muffins are something I suggest making on the weekend and having ready for the week ahead. It doesn’t take long to whip up and can be heated up and eaten as breakfast all week. Full of protein, healthy fats and fibrous vegetables, you will stay full for hours.
Gluten, grain, dairy and sugar free. Low carb, keto, paleo and vegetarian* friendly.
Preparation time: 50 minutes: 20min prep time, 30mins baking time
Makes 5 muffins (one for each day of the week)
- 10 eggs (could make it 15 if you are a 3 egg person)
- 250g nitrate free bacon
- I tablespoon grass-fed butter
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tomatoes
- 3 handfuls of baby spinach
- 1 Brown onion
Other ingredients could include:
- Sweet potato
- anything you desire really!
- Preheat oven to 180C fan forced
- Dice your filler ingredients and slice the tomatoes
- Using a large fry pan, fry of bacon until just cooked
- Add in onion, butter, garlic, salt and pepper and cook until the onion is clear
- Add spinach in last until wilted. Turn off heat and set aside
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk and some salt and pepper together
- Add in the bacon and vegetable mixture and combine well
- Pour contents into a baking dish or greased/silicone muffin tins. Add chopped tomatoes to the top for decoration and season with salt and pepper again
- Place in the oven and cook for approximately 30 minutes or until the top bounces back and the eggs are clearly cooked through (keep your eye on the middle). Cooking times will vary for frittata cooked as muffins, so it is a good idea to keep an eye on them
Make as many as you need for everyone in the household. Just whisk the amount of eggs you want for each day multiplied by however many days and consumers.
PDF Downloadable Version: Breakfast Muffins