03 Jan Recipe: Bangin’ Banana Bread
This paleo banana bread recipe is made quickly in your blender and only requires a handful of straightforward ingredients. Made with almond flour and stevia, this comforting banana bread is bound to satisfy adults and children alike. This recipe is an amended version of the original from The Roasted Root.
Gluten, grain and dairy free. Sugar conscious, paleo and vegan friendly.
Preparation time: 50 minutes – 10 minutes prep time. 40 minutes cook time.
Makes: Approximately 10 slices
Approximate calories: 192 per slice
Protein-6g Net carbs-10.5g Sugar-9g Fat-12g
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons stevia (I use Natvia)
- 2 cups finely ground almond flour
- 5 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Small amount of shredded coconut (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 175C and line a 9″ x 5″ loaf pan with baking paper.
- Slice banana and add to food processor and blend until smooth. Add all of the remaining ingredients (except the walnuts) to a blender. Blend until completely smooth. Add in the chopped walnuts and stir through.
- Pour banana bread batter into the prepared loaf pan and use a spoon or spatula to spread the batter into an even layer.
- Add thinly sliced (lengthways) pieces of banana to the top and sprinkle with shredded coconut (both optional)
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes on the centre rack of the preheated oven, until the edges of the bread are golden-brown.
- Turn off the oven and allow bread to sit in the still-warm oven another 10 minutes.
- Allow bread to cool for 30 minutes before releasing it from the loaf pan and cut into slices.
- Toast if you wish and spread with grass fed butter.
PDF Version: Bangin_ Banana Bread