06 Apr Grain Free Goji Granola
I love something crunchy to add to smoothie bowls or on top of coconut yoghurt. When it comes to store bought granola, I found I was either spending too much or the product had too much sugar! I decided to make my own granola with my favourite ingredients and a controlled amount of sugar. This recipe contains a range of fatty acids in the range of nuts and seeds and the pop of flavour within the antioxidant rich goji berries adds some sweetness.
Gluten, grain and dairy free. Low carb, paleo and vegan friendly.
Preparation time: 30 mins: 15 mins prep time 15 mins cooking time
Makes: 20 x 65g servings
Approximate calories per serve: 325 calories Net Carbs – 6g Healthy Fat – 35g Protein – 7.8g
Dry Ingredient mix
- 300g coconut (shredded or flaked)
- 200g macadamias (roughly chopped)
- 150g almonds (roughly chopped)
- 150g hazelnuts (roughly chopped)
- 60g sesame seeds
- 60g chia seeds
- 90g pumpkin seeds
Wet Ingredient mix
- 150g coconut oil (melted)
- 4 tbsp honey or your choice of sweetener
- 3 tbsp cinnamon ground
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 100g goji berries
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine all wet ingredients and spices until all combined.
- Mix the spice and butter mixture with the dry ingredients until the dry ingredient mixture is completely coated with the wet mixture.
- Spread the mixture evenly on 2-3 baking trays.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden, occasionally stirring mixture and rotating the placement of trays in the oven.
- Allow to cool completely before stirring through goji berries. Store in an airtight container.
If you like your granola sweet, you can add more honey. Experiment with different nuts or fruit combinations. Serve over a chia pudding, smoothie bowl or with coconut yoghurt and berries.
Download the PDF Version: Grain Free Goji Granola